DIY Mood Enhancing Tea – Sip the Blues Away!
We all have days when we simply don’t feel our best. Whether it’s a rainy, gloomy day, long tiring work days or lack of sleep, feeling a little down is not what we want and we should do whatever possible to improve our energy. There is a number of things you can do to elevate your mood but the simplest and most effective thing to do is to make yourself a nice cup of tea, relax and enjoy it.
In this post, I am sharing a quick and easy DIY mood-lifting tea that will instantly make you feel better! This herbal infusion contains ingredients such as peppermint, lavender, lemon balm, all known for their excellent energy-boosting and rejuvenating effects. Also, it contains rose hips which offer a refreshing citrus flavor and are an amazing source of antioxidants!
DIY Mood Lifting Tea
Brew a cup of this magical concoction and kick out the blues!
(for two cups)
- 1 tsp dried peppermint leaves
- 1/4 tsp dried lavender flowers
- 1/2 tsp lemon balm
- 1/4 tsp dried rose hips
- 2 cups of water- honey (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- Put your water in a saucepan and keep on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Once at boiling point turn down the heat and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Put your ingredients together and mix well.
- Add the tea mix in the boiling water and simmer for 1-2 minutes then turn off the heat completely and let it steep for a minute.
- Strain your tea and pour into a mug or teacup.
- Add sweetener and a bit of cinnamon if you want.
Enjoy your tea slowly and let the refreshing scent of it to relax and calm you.. Don’t forget to take some moments each day to create a tea ritual for yourself. It can help you jumpstart your day and fill you up with positive energy and you’re totally worth it!
Mood lifting tea